Want to start your own business, buy or expand an existing company? Interested in advice and mentorship from local business leaders? Need a grant of up to $5,000 to start or expand?
Then Starter Company may be for YOU!
Starter Company is a great opportunity for enterprising people over 18 years of age who want to start or expand a business in their community. The program provides you with:
Training and business skills development to help to run or grow your own business
Advice and mentorship from local business leaders
A grant of up to $5000 to help you start a new business or expand your current business
Experience running a business that will better position you to obtain more traditional financing, such as a bank loan, if you so require in the future
Where do I Start?
Contact the South Georgian Bay Small Business Enterprise Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
to register your interest in the program, confirm your eligibility and obtain the required application and business plan template. You can also take advantage of the business consulting services and resources available.
You are eligible for Starter Company if you are:
Click here for detailed program guidelines.
- Over 18 years of age.
- Proposing a new company, expansion of an existing company or buying an existing business
- Not a full time student and not returning to school full time
- A resident of Ontario
- A Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- Prepared to complete the business training components of the Starter Company Program as prescribed by your Small Business Enterprise Centre Program Provider
- Prepared to commit to a minimum average of 35 hours a week running the business
- Able to demonstrate 25% matching funds in cash or in-kind assets
- Prepared to attend monthly meetings for at least six months after acceptance into the program
- Able to demonstrate that you have not received a Starter Company grant in the past